Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How to check the Shutter Count for a DSLR?

A very serious price deterioration for DSLR nowadays. Most probably this is the consequences of the 'price war' between Canon & Nikon.

Few months back I'm shocked by my partner - Bob, about the Nikon D90 body only price dropped till plus minus RM2450. Compared to last year, price drop for around RM400, which create more and more so call photographers nowadays.

The price drop also giving me a chance to upgrade my camera to Full Frame DSLR, of course, I support only Nikon. Before I get my D700, I have to let go my D90. That's why I create a free advertisement at Muday.com.my - one of the very popular free ads site.

Within 3 days, I received more than 20 SMS to ask for the price negotiation for my D90. However, before they start negotiate, definitely they would like to know one most commonly asked question:

"What is the number of the shutter count?"

Although I may not honest to myself all the time, but I feel no point to cheat the buyer. Therefore, I sent them one URL with 1 latest photo taken from my D90 to show them the exact shutter count of my camera.
#1
1. Check the radio button 'From file', and select the latest photo capture from your camera/DLSR.

2. Then click 'View image from file', and wait for approximately 1min, if your photo size is more than 1.5MB (some slower, depending on your internet speed)

3. Afterwards, you'll see the some basic information of your camera, settings, and etc.

4. From here, you'll know the camera's age as well. Just refers to [Date], you'll see how long the camera has been used.

#2
To view the Shutter Count, simply press 'Ctrl-F' and search the word 'Shutter', it will lead you to the 'Shutter Count' info.

Very simple isn't it? You may save this link to check the Camera's age and Shutter Count when you want to buy a used camera/DSLR.

Start to check this out!!

0 comments: