Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Going the Distance - a romance & comedy movie

I still can't believe I went for this movie few days back, as previously I'm not the type of person can watch this kind of 'unknown' movie (because I totally never heard this movie before) late at night, and guess what, I even watch this movie at Gurney Plaza - Penang most famous shopping mall which located at the most traffic jam area.

Queue up, and finally I holding the movie tickets in hand, I'm still asking what is this movie about, and I get blank info for this movie, and just walk towards the cinema with full of question mark round and round on my head, I just hope I wouldn't fall asleep, or walk out the cinema before the movie end.

Flip over the movie ticket, I found one red stamp sign on the ticket: "For above 18 only", something came to my mind is either this movie contained a lot of sexual (18SX) or violent (18PL) scenes. Mmm...interesting!

Surprisingly, I laughed within the first 10 minutes, and I can confirm this is a comedy movie as the dialog are just funny, and make you have no other choice but laugh.

Synopsis:
a terrible guy named Garrett (Justin Long) break up with his girl friend because he not even understand why a girl still expect a present during her birthday even though she said : "..no, you don't need to buy anything for me..".
He was sad, gather around his room mate and a best friend, having a man's talk in a bar, with a lot of beer. In the bar, this is where he meet Erin (Drew Barrymore) at the "Centipede" game machine.

After the drink, they were sleep together, and they thought they can just treat this as 'one-night-stand', but they couldn't. Garrett still date Erin even he been told that she just have another 6 weeks in New York, and she'll be back to San Fransisco to continue her studies afterwards.

6 weeks past, they knew they already fall in love to each other seriously, and that's how they decide to maintain this long distance relationship. It isn't easy as they thought: time difference, distance, trust, ....


I'll give 6/10 stars to this movie. If you think you haven't laugh out loud for a long time, then you can consider this movie. :-)

0 comments: